So you liked the honey oatmeal bread, too? Seriously- it was easy. And didn’t take any time at all! Do it. Like now.
Anyway, I feel the need to make up for my always being such a hater on Tuesdays. Yes it’s true- I don’t like Tuesday. But that doesn’t mean I should force everyone else to hate them, too, right?
Actually it does and I think everyone should dislike Tuesdays just as much as I do. But to make up for it, here are a few things that are all “happy” and “fun” for Wednesday.
1. I caught my boss doing kickboxing moves in the hallway while waiting for the elevator. The sight didn’t even make me blink. He’s sort of a goofball and this would not be out of character. But it did make me giggle on the inside.
2. Is anyone else excited about Matthew Perry making another stab at prime time? I heart him and can’t wait for his show to premiere tonight! (Although, knowing me, I’ll probably somehow miss it and have to watch it online later this week…)
3. The cashier at Trader Joe’s asked how much I paid my older sister to use her id when he carded me for wine. I know you’re joking, sir. And it’s actually kind of creepy because I think you’re approximately 65. But I’ll play along and smile/giggle anyways.
4. Before my TJ’s trip last night, I had no food (hence the need to go shopping). This meant I had to dive far into the depths of my freezer for a frozen dinner. It was gross. And kept me full for all of 45 minutes (I have no idea how this happened- I mean, they put almost a whole stalk of asparagus in there!). Not the happy part, though. The happy part came when our office supply reps dropped off cookies for us again. Just what I needed!
*I do, sadly, have to mention I was at lunch when the office reps showed up. This means I missed getting to see Hottie McHotterson. I pouted a little. It’d be a lie if I didn’t mention how I was actually making an effort of looking nice at work for the last week because I knew he’d be coming by. Geez. What a waste of mascara.
But back to the happy…
5. My dinner was new.The sauce looks a little weird. True. But it’s actually quite good and the easiest spicy honey peanut sauce I could find.
There are 5 ingredients. But I didn’t have cilantro. So I just used 4.Friends!
The recipe calls to use a 2:1 ratio of honey to peanut butter. But I evened it out to use the same amount of each. Too much honey (sugar) would have had me bouncing off the walls at a later hour where I’d rather not be doing so.
As much as I heart peanut butter and honey, it’s the soy sauce that totally killed it. I’m not above licking the pot I made the sauce in.
The veggies used were a random collection. Shredded carrots sautéed in soy sauce and every other veggie in my freezer (peas, edamame, and a minimal amount of broccoli because you’re practically out).For those of you keeping track, I have 2 days before expiration of my whole wheat angel hair pasta. And have maybe one serving left to go.
Thanks everyone, I couldn’t have done it without you…
6. I woke up this morning before my alarm went off and made that crucial decison- do I have to go to the bathroom or can I wait an hour until the alarm? I couldn’t wait. I didn’t turn on the light. I also didn’t remember that I closed my bedroom door (for some reason, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t). Have a visual of what happened? Good- because it’s most likely spot on.
We haven’t done this in a while… so have you had any good “oops” moments lately?