I know what you may be thinking.
“This sounds awfully like a resolutions post, Amy. A little cliche, don’t you think?”
And I’ll respond to your question.
It is. So what? Bug off.
I do what I want.
And in 2012, apparently I am able to come up with 12 things I want to do. So that’s neat.
1. Cook some sort of fish. I never have. For some reason or another, it freaks me out.
2. Go on vacation somewhere. Did this last year by hitting Vegas. Twice if you count the bachelorette I attended there, too. Enjoyed myself a little too much. Need to make taking time off to travel a regular thing…
3. Beat my 8k time. It was so frustrating to have a goal of breaking 40 minutes and to finish my last 8k in 40:00:00. Now the question is, who’s doing it with me???
4. Figure out my new iPhone. This could take all year. Tech savvy I am not…
5. Bake with yeast. I’m more of a fan of the quick bread variety. Yeast seems like a tempremental ingredient. However, if I really do want to claim to be a “baker”, I should probably grow a pair and man up.
6. Run two more half marathons. Thought I had figured out which ones I’d be doing. Now I’m not so sure. Either way, two decent ones shouldn’t be hard to find.
7. Master the crow pose in yoga. Not that I’m planning on being a yoga master any time soon, I don’t really even enjoy it, but I bet the crow pose would be an impressive party trick…
8. See a Chicago Bulls game. I heart basketball. The Bulls are my favorite NBA team. Why hasn’t this happened yet?
9. Eat more cookies. It may be hard to beat my consumption from last year. But I’m willing to try.
10. Marry a Prince. Kate Middleton did it. Why can’t I?
*That last one is negotiable. Maybe I’d settle for “date someone who acts princely” or “meet a boy who doesn’t suck” could be substituted in later on if necessary.
Clearly I don’t take resolutions OVERLY seriously. But they are a nice way to reflect and think about a few things I want in my life.
Something I was able to do while my lovely friend Laura was visiting. Yesterday was a rest day in every way possible. We did a little shopping. A little gossiping. And got a weird craving for ice cream while out to pick up a few red boxes.
Ice cream cravings in the middle of winter are a little strange, but we were celebrating National Hangover Day properly, and didn’t question it.
So now that the holiday break is almost over, I guess it’s time to get serious and down to business, huh?
Well. Gimme one more day…