There really isn’t anything major to report in my corner of the world, so it’s time to catch you up with all the things running through the mind of Amy B.(Source)
Oh you’ve been running through my mind, too, babe. Don’t you worry.
1. I’ve recently realized my true fear of sitting in traffic under an overpass. This happens almost every single day. And every single day I sit and think about how I really really hope the overpass doesn’t collapse because I really don’t want to die.
It happens, people! Do not call me irrational.
2. I’m reading a new book. My friend Mary gave me The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for Christmas. She absolutely loved it and said I really need to jump on the bandwagon. Even if I am, like, a decade late or whatever. However, it’s great timing- there is a 60-cent fine on my account at the library and they won’t let me check out any more books until it’s paid off. 60 cents is truly ruining me- the hours for the branch by my house are horrible and you can’t pay it off online. Wtf?
In all reality, I was planning on doing the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon again. After a not-so-fantastic time during last year’s race, I really wanted to go back and kick it in the butt on April 15th. However, race fees went up before the decision was finalized, traveling to Missouri 2 weeks in a row seemed daunting, and the travel/lodging costs seemed a little impractical when there was a perfectly good half marathon just a short train ride away from my house.
We’re starting off the year with an attempt to be financially responsible. Yay!
4. This race is two weeks earlier than the other one. This means training starts… um… subtract 4, add 7, then carry the 1… Monday. Oh dear.
I need to take a few deep breaths before panic mode takes over.
Ok… we’re good.
5. Soup and salad for the win! (Duh- if you haven’t already noticed the pictures.) The whole “watch what I shove into my face after the holidays” thing is going decently well. I already feel better than last week. As good as those Christmas treats are, it’s nice to get everything (digestive organs included) back on track.
Now if only I could get my pretzel and peanut butter issues under control…
6. Speaking of Christmas, my tree is still up. For a girl who doesn’t get super into holidays, I’m having a hard time letting go.
That or I’m just super lazy about it. One year in college, our tree didn’t come down until April. April. The ornaments came off the week before Valentine’s Day- so after that we just called it “greenery” being used to spruce up (no pun intended) the place. True story.
7. Yesterday I had to go to Target. A mental list was in my head all week long and I thought “I won’t forget this”. Yesterday afternoon before leaving work, not one thing on that list that could be recalled. Luckily, with help from my messenger convo with Mon, I at least remembered to pick up toilet paper.
Whew. Disaster averted.
8. I will never attract a lover at the gym. Why? Because I’m either rolling out of bed at 5:30 in the morning (no explanation necessary) or going after work with imprints on my legs where my knee high argyle socks were (hello signature style at it’s finest) and glowing like a ghost. I could use a spray tan. Or a beach vacation. Either/or.
Maybe I’ll just settle for the weekend and some Jergen’s Natural Glo?
It’s a start. Happy Friday, people!
Filed under: Fitness Randomness, Nutritional Randomness, Uncategorized Tagged: | being unfair to Ryan Gosling, Chi Town Half Marathon, fitness, good reads, half marathon training, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, running, soup and salad detox