1. Today is my birthday. Just wanted to throw that out there. Birthdays that fall on Wednesday aren’t really that exciting, so I am choosing to celebrate it at a later date. Because it’s my birthday week and I do what I want.
2. On Sunday, I decided to take it up a notch with Level 2 of Jillian’s 6 Week 6 Pack. I’ve had this dvd for quite some time and this was the first attempt at stepping up the intensity. My abs aren’t as sore as I expected. But it may just be because this level seems to really focus on stabilization to strengthen your core. And since balance is something I’m ridiculously bad at, it’s going to take at least 2 or 3 more attempts to master the moves and not just stare in disbelief at the television. Maybe it’ll start to “work” at that point.
3. Leftovers rock my world.
And because I had a particularly long Sunday Funday
, they’ve been accompanied with a vegetable or straight salad.
Used leftover ground beef (from the lasagna) as a topper one night. It was weird, but worked.
Every time. Salad detox. Works like a charm.
4. There’s a competition of sorts going on over at ZOOMA.
If you guess their next race location correctly, you get a fabulous prize! So click HERE
to go and throw one in there! I went with Fort Lauderdale. They really need a Florida race. Mostly because I could really use a beach trip.
And it’s obviously all about me, right?
Also, if you decide to register for the Great Lakes Half Marathon
, make sure to use my discount code “GLAMB1″ to save some $$$! Like I’ve said before- they’re giving away wine and jewelry. And really- that’s all you need to know, right?
5. My Tuesday morning was a particularly interesting one when my windows (which were shut and locked, mind you) started to leak and water began STREAMING into my living room onto the floor during a heavy rain storm. As a renter, I could care less about my landlord’s floors. As an owner of a microsuede couch and a flat screen television that plugs in under the windows, I’m a little annoyed by the issue. As anyone reasonably would be. After standing there for about 5 minutes, trying to and failing at pinpointing where the leak was, I gave up and pulled out all of my towels and prayed it wouldn’t last long. It stopped leaking before I left for work, but there were a few moments in the day where I had flashes of wondering if I’d be coming home to my own personal pool.
6. The Summer Olympics start this weekend. I’m very excited. Mostly because this time around, I don’t have to watch it on the floor of my furnitureless apartment like I did 4 years ago when the heaviest and oldest television of all time was sitting on the floor in a corner. Now I have a television stand and HD (or at least I do until the flooding makes it short out). Things are looking up. Beyond that, I enjoy watching the summer games. They make me want to be a better person. Is that weird?
Alright, I’m off to conquer the day and pretend I’m not an entire year older than I was less than 24 hours ago. Laters!
Filed under: Random Rants Tagged: | half marathon in wisconsin, Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack, leftovers are awesome, leftovers for lunch, renting is always a joy, strength training via Jillian Michaels, summer olympics motivation, women's half marathon, ZOOMA Women's Half Marathon Series