As we are all busy, we try to be organized/efficient and do things like use lists.
So here’s a list of things.
They are listed in no particular order.
I just really like lists.
1. I have found this week to be more relaxing than my last weekend. Please don’t get me wrong- the weekend was great. This can sum it up:
2. My roommate texted on Saturday night that she was dvring Cinderella for us. After the Bears/Packers game (please refer to the bloody mary picture above), we fell asleep on the couch watching it. And then she accidentally deleted it. Worst. Thing. Ever.
3. I’m back into the gym routine now that my old woman back is feeling better. At least for this week as I am heading home at the crack of dawn on Saturday (that is, if the world does not end as it originally was supposed to). Run 2 miles and do 20 minutes on the elliptical or stairs seems to be my chillaxed routine at the moment.
4. My work holiday party was Tuesday. Several things to be noted:
- My boss quoted Beevis and Butthead Do America. This seems so wrong, but was sooooo amazing.
- I tried duck pâté for the first time ever and didn’t hate it.
- Snuck out early so I would still have energy for the gym the next morning and wouldn’t smell like liquor at work. More people chose the other option and looked miserable. I may have been a little smug about it.
The dude and I exchanged gifts, too. But I like to be more discreet about such things. No matter how much I love them.
I’ve been doing this for every time I’ve gone out/drank/celebrated the holidays:
It’s a half-win.
7. Convicts escaped the correctional facility in downtown Chicago on Tuesday and only one has been caught. I honestly had no idea my place of employment was so close to a prison, but it has made going out for lunch seem that much more thrilling. I like to live on the edge.
8. So I guess the world is supposed to end at some point today? Isn’t that what all this crazy buzz is about? Just in case, the roommate and I decided to make a “one last roomie date” by staying in and watching a movie with some drinks last night. She got a sweet bottle of cabernet from a vendor at work and it seemed to be a shame to potentially waste it. So we drank nice wine and watched Home Alone. Naturally.
Filed under: Holiday Randomness, Uncategorized Tagged: | Chicago, Chicago Bulls, Christmas, end of the world, gift exchange, gym routine, healthy balance, holiday break, holiday eats, holiday party, Morning workouts, salad detox