Oh hey there.
I’m usually not this quiet.
I like to talk. A lot.
But sometimes, I just have weeks where I keep to myself more than usual. Let’s call it a “live and learn” week.
Because I’m also a firm believer you learn something new every day of your life.
Well. Maybe I’ll just share with you a few things I’ve learned in the past week…
1. Swedish chocolate is amazing and can solve most problems. I haven’t pinpointed it exactly, but it must be something in the processing (or lack of) of the chocolate. Mon had brought some back for me when she got back from a business trip. It’s been decided I will require candy every time she gets back from trips like this.
Yes. Like a child would.
2. There has been a new development in half marathon training. I crossed over to the other side.
Past the treadmills. Past the ellipticals. Past the locker rooms.
To the weight machines.
This, my friends, is actually a big deal. Turns out, at 5:30 in the morning, it’s less crowded and not nearly as intimidating.
My arms still hate me for this realization.
3. When on a date in the middle of the week, remember sushi does not do a great job of soaking up all of zee vino.
4. When it’s a rest day (conveniently after said date), cross your fingers you won’t wake up at your normal time to hit the gym (5:15) with a song in your head (Flo Rida’s “Wild One”) that will not allow you to go back to sleep for another hour and a half.
5. Grocery shopping before work is something that should happen ALL of the time. People are in generally good moods. They’ve all had coffee and it’s before the 8 hours of their dreams and soul being crushed. Why did it take so long to realize this?
6. I need to be better about communicating how important my friends are. I know I made a lil’ shout out on the last post to my girlies near and far, but maybe I should actually say it in real life. That way, I won’t turn into an emotional puddle when people tell me they’re moving and scare the living crap out of them.
Just a thought.
7. Snooki is pregnant. I learned that is something that scares the crap out of ME.
And THAT is something new every day. Yay!
What have YOU learned recently?