1. Franklin and Bash is one of my favorite summer shows. The reason is quite possibly because my love for Zack Morris will never die.
2. Here’s the thing, guys. If you meet a girl at a bar. And ask for her number. And act like a super sweet guy, maybe even a little shy. Don’t be surprised if she doesn’t respond well to your attempts to sext her. In the middle of the day. At work. Before a first date has been established. And don’t act like she’s the one with an attitude problem when she kindly asks you to delete her number from your phone when you try it again.
In this case, it’s most definitely you, not me.
People wonder why I’m still single.
This has been your public service announcement. Carry on.
3. Matthew Perry has yet another new show coming out this fall. I love him, and feel the need to support him through any endeavor. But PLEASE Matt. Let’s make this one work. I’m getting overwhelmed and can’t keep track.
4. Went with my friend Mon to see what all the excitement about Magic Mike was. I found it hilarious and fun. It also confirmed my suspicions. Matthew McConaughey is still a bit creepy and I’m concerned that he just can’t stand up straight. Like ever. Please tell me I’m not the only one who notices this. Google search it if you don’t believe me.
Go ahead. I’ll wait here.
See what I mean?
5. It’s a good thing my roommate is back. While she was gone, I took it as an opportunity to do all the workout dvds I can’t do in the mornings while she’s directly under the living room sleeping. And I’m super sore now. Clearly there are certain arm and leg muscles that have been neglected for quite some time.
6. Mon and I had dinner at Derby in Lincoln Park on Saturday night. They have an amazing menu, but I kept it simple with a turkey bacon club. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve ordered that as of late. Must be the bacon that keeps pulling me in. Anyway, I ordered sweet potato fries on the side. And what do they give me to dip them in, other than maple syrup.I understand the concept. But never would have thought to do it.
It’s sort of like pizza and ranch dressing. It sounds absurd until you try it.
7. The Strike Out ALS 5k is tomorrow. Hopefully my weekend exhaustion doesn’t spill into race day. Oh and there’s still time to sign up if you’re feeling like kicking a little Tuesday butt.
I hope everyone had a good weekend! And remember- it’s only July. There’s still PLENTY of summa’ time left to relax, go outside and enjoy the nice weather, and surround yourself with good company, food, and drink.
So get on that. Like now.
Or maybe wait until after work. Yeah. Do that. Laters!
Filed under: Random Rants | Tagged: dating randomness, Derby Chicago, Lincoln Park Eats, Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey is creepy, strength training is not my favorite, strength training via Jillian Michaels, Strike Out ALS 5k, sweet potato fries and syrup | 18 Comments »