First off- thanks everyone for the well wishes from yesterday’s post! I am truly excited about the upcoming weeks. And a little nervous. This will most likely affect my sleep patterns. Oh crap…
But until then, I’ll continue on. One random thought at a time:
1. I need to hit Target. Like soon. Toothpaste is not something you want to run low on. I imagine my male suitors (I know they’re out there somewhere, damnit) would agree.
2. Before an appointment in the ‘burbs last night, I headed to Mon’s house to visit and use her for her gym. We gossiped side-by-side on the elliptical like we did way back in the day as neighbors. Then, I sponged off of her even more when she offered to make us a home cooked meal.Well. Close. Her homemade is salad from a bag with precooked steak and chicken strips. Extra steak for me. Because this girl could always use a good protein boost after working out.
If you knew her two years ago, you’d praise her for becoming a domestic goddess, too.
Guess it makes sense to schedule National Running Day the week after National Donut Day, huh?
So yeah- go celebrate! Celebrate by… uh… running?
This is great timing after National Wine Appreciation Month!
Wait- that’s not a real thing?
Umm… shhhhh… yes it is…
4. If I were to buy “totally twisted” shampoo (to give my hair more body) and accidentally buy “totally smooth” conditioner (the bottles are so similar!), what will happen? My hair is a walking contradiction today. I need to start reading labels more carefully.
And on top of that, it smells different now. Nice, but different. It’s like when I change deodorants. Everything gets thrown off and I feel as if a stranger is lurking directly behind me at all times.
5. Coffee wars are going down. At my current office’s breakroom, we have free coffee brewed in four industrial-sized dispensers. Recently, they started serving Starbucks in one, and there’s a movement to have more Starbucks dispensers than Dunkin’ Donuts. This is one of the greatest stressors I’ve been dealing with over the last week. Please don’t take away my Dunkin’!!!!
6. A peasant top is being worn for the first time. I don’t think I’m doing it right. Turns out hippie chic is another look I’ll have to pass on.
Sigh… this is what keeps me up at night.
Good luck this Saturday, my friend!! And good luck to your mama, too!