Some days, it really is all about ME.
No really… it is. Because Jess totally tagged me with this lil’ blogger award that asks me to write about my favorite thing… myself!Actually, my favorite thing to write about is baking, chocolate and sugar. Or any combination of the three. But being allowed some bragging/storytelling? Why not… I can surely tell you 10 random things:
1. My nose flairs an obnoxious amount. I blame it on playing clarinet when I was in junior high. Don’t try to convince me otherwise.
2. I get up an extra 15 minutes early so I can watch the news in the morning during breakfast (current obsession being coffee and a scrambled egg wrap). Yes. At approximately 6:00 in the morning. Like an old person. Only thing missing is the bifocals. Because I already shake my head to all the reports of violence and car accidents. Crazy kids…
3. I like drinking soda every once in a while, but am very picky about how I have it. I will drink Sprite or Diet Coke out of a can- as cold as you can get it without getting that gross layer of ice on top- or only Sprite out of a soda fountain. Soda in plastic bottles don’t exist in my world*.
*This excludes how adult beverages are prepared. Vodka makes me a little more flexible with such matters…
4. Sometimes I’m very quiet in public settings. That’s not so much because of shyness, but because I’m very content spending my time people watching. Or “observing my surroundings” if that makes it any less rude-sounding.
5. I hate pedicures. HATE them. But see them as an occasional necessary evil as to have healthier, happier feet. I say occasional because it’s hard to justify shelling out good money for an hour of pure torture.
6. On the topic of things I dislike, let’s also list off kiss cams at sporting events. PDA is gross and I do not need to see it enlarged for an entire stadium of people. Possibly one of the reasons why I enjoy Wrigley Field so much: No jumbo tron = No kiss cam = I sit in contentment.
And clearly it’s all about me.
7. I heart pictures, but am awful at posing for them. This last Sunday afternoon was spent with Annie and Mon and Mon’s friend who is trying to expand his portfolio. Free photo shoot? Why not? But for real. I’m cheesy and awkward in front of a camera. It’s totally wince-worthy. And don’t get me started about how horrific my “serious face” is…This is my one in a million that is “serious” without looking like I have digestive issues or something of equal awfulness.
Patrick was awesome with us three girls. He shot all of us individually and then the three of us together. Poor thing didn’t know how weird/kooky/excitable/gossipy we’d get when together that long…. You don’t want to know what we were talking about during this picture…
After a long and exhausting day of model behavior (cocaine and cigarettes excluded), we decided to bring ourselves back down to normalcy with a trip to Sweet Tomatoes salad bar:Ok fine, we had mid-sized salads in order to keep room for dessert. Ice cream and salted caramel pumpkin cake. Sigh…
Oh yeah… there was a list going on or something, wasn’t there?
8. I think Uggs are ugly and refuse to buy them or anything similar to them. They look quite comfy- I won’t lie. But they’re still ugly. And I could have bought 2 pairs of cute shoes for the money you threw down the drain for the one ugly pair. #HarshReality
9. My favorite Christmas song is “All I Want for Christmas” by Mariah Carey. There’s a radio station I always seem to find on the drive back to Missouri for the holidays that will play that song for an hour straight. I see nothing wrong with tuning in for the entire hour.
10. If introduced at a party, I’ll remember your face, but not remember your name until the 2nd or 3rd time around. This can lead to really awkward social situations.
Then again, name a moment where I’m not awkward…
Aaaaaannnnnddddd….. The End.
Good luck with your Tuesday.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: awkward situations, Blog Award, I'm just quirky, Random | 25 Comments »