Filed under: Random Rants | Tagged: half marathon in wisconsin, Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack, leftovers are awesome, leftovers for lunch, renting is always a joy, strength training via Jillian Michaels, summer olympics motivation, women's half marathon, ZOOMA Women's Half Marathon Series | 27 Comments »
1. Franklin and Bash is one of my favorite summer shows. The reason is quite possibly because my love for Zack Morris will never die.
2. Here’s the thing, guys. If you meet a girl at a bar. And ask for her number. And act like a super sweet guy, maybe even a little shy. Don’t be surprised if she doesn’t respond well to your attempts to sext her. In the middle of the day. At work. Before a first date has been established. And don’t act like she’s the one with an attitude problem when she kindly asks you to delete her number from your phone when you try it again.
In this case, it’s most definitely you, not me.
People wonder why I’m still single.
This has been your public service announcement. Carry on.
3. Matthew Perry has yet another new show coming out this fall. I love him, and feel the need to support him through any endeavor. But PLEASE Matt. Let’s make this one work. I’m getting overwhelmed and can’t keep track.
4. Went with my friend Mon to see what all the excitement about Magic Mike was. I found it hilarious and fun. It also confirmed my suspicions. Matthew McConaughey is still a bit creepy and I’m concerned that he just can’t stand up straight. Like ever. Please tell me I’m not the only one who notices this. Google search it if you don’t believe me.
Go ahead. I’ll wait here.
See what I mean?
5. It’s a good thing my roommate is back. While she was gone, I took it as an opportunity to do all the workout dvds I can’t do in the mornings while she’s directly under the living room sleeping. And I’m super sore now. Clearly there are certain arm and leg muscles that have been neglected for quite some time.
6. Mon and I had dinner at Derby in Lincoln Park on Saturday night. They have an amazing menu, but I kept it simple with a turkey bacon club. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve ordered that as of late. Must be the bacon that keeps pulling me in. Anyway, I ordered sweet potato fries on the side. And what do they give me to dip them in, other than maple syrup.I understand the concept. But never would have thought to do it.
It’s sort of like pizza and ranch dressing. It sounds absurd until you try it.
7. The Strike Out ALS 5k is tomorrow. Hopefully my weekend exhaustion doesn’t spill into race day. Oh and there’s still time to sign up if you’re feeling like kicking a little Tuesday butt.
I hope everyone had a good weekend! And remember- it’s only July. There’s still PLENTY of summa’ time left to relax, go outside and enjoy the nice weather, and surround yourself with good company, food, and drink.
So get on that. Like now.
Or maybe wait until after work. Yeah. Do that. Laters!
Filed under: Random Rants | Tagged: dating randomness, Derby Chicago, Lincoln Park Eats, Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey is creepy, strength training is not my favorite, strength training via Jillian Michaels, Strike Out ALS 5k, sweet potato fries and syrup | 18 Comments »
Remember how I said I’m really awful about how I need things planned and it’s hard to find time to meet up with other peeps?
We’re finally making progress.
Ok, well not on the planning part. Lauren and I, much like with the running kids I met up with last week, emailed back and forth for over a month trying to work something out.
We’re both clearly a big deal. Finally, we found a chill Sunday evening to spend some time relaxing and chatting at John’s Place in Roscoe Village.
I’ve visited this spot recently, and Lauren offered to meet up elsewhere, but I said NO.
Because they have a solid patio and I did not have a burger the last time. And the burgers, according to their menu where they brag about winning Roscoe Village’s Burgerfest in 2010, must be something.
The bacon jam was what first weirded me out. But our waitress assured me it was more like a relish- just bacon chopped up really fine.
All in all, it was delicious. I expected more flavor from the bacon. But maybe the amazingness of the cheddar and BBQ had me all distracted. Who knows?
And I love that salad is a side they offer without charging extra for it. It’s a rare thing. Sad but true. I should really write Michelle Obama about this observation.
Anyway, Lauren and I had fun chatting it up about our lives, races, and mutual friends (like woah).
She’s sort of new to this particular area of the city, so hopefully that means she’ll need a partner to check out more places in the area…. I’m so selfless like that.
The meal was definitely a nice protein boost for my next few workouts. I say that mostly because I want to go back as soon as possible.
Well, that and I really have done ok in the morning workout department.
Especially since my roommate woke up earlier than I did today to catch a flight for her holiday in the sun. It left me with the ability to jump and stomp around all I wanted in front of the tv and not worry about waking her up at 5:00 in the morning.
She’s excited about her week on the beach. I’m excited because I can do The Shred in the morning and not wake her up.
There’s something wrong with this.
Either way, I need to work harder at the strength training (what’s new?) and this will help. That and going outside would have been a total downer. The humidity is a bit suffocating. But I’ll still brave it to get to the office with no complaints. I sort of have to. And the sooner I do, the sooner I’ll get to leave for the 4th of July holiday. Which isn’t nearly as exciting as it had been in recent years with an extended weekend.
Nevertheless, a day off is a day off. And I will sleep in. And lounge. And be lazy.
Have a good holiday, kids! I’ll catch ya on the flip side.