You can always find something to be thankful for.
Family. Friends. Health. Fitness.
Those are all the “hey duh” ones.
Here are a few more for your consideration.
1. vh1 Music Countdown. Cheesy show? Yes. But it makes my Saturday morning runs a bit more delightful. Until they play Bruno Mars, anyway. I’m SO over all that business.
2. Mizzou. Ranked #4 and looking to creep our way back into the top 3. If you don’t have a college team you normally cheer for, I’ll let you borrow mine. I’m happy to share.
3. The Challenge on MTV. My reality show guilty pleasure. Because there’s nothing like watching a group of hot messes do weird physical challenges in between all the drama and drinks.
4. Generic Walgreens brand nighttime cold and sinus. It helped me sleep peacefully 3 nights this last week. And I’m convinced the sleep is what helped me bounce back to feeling like my usual fabulous self.
5. Strawberry Shortcake band aids. Instead of just “accident-prone”, I’m an “accident-prone fashionista”. Stupid tuna can…
6. My forgetfulness. Because otherwise, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon a dusty, yet still quite good, can of pumpkin in the corner of one of our cabinets.
Notice my trusty "cookbook" in the background.
The sole survivor of Fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas festivities.
But not anymore.
Still learning the art of the "perfect" donut.
I’m the weird kid who craves soup/chili in the middle of July. So it should be of no surprise that the smells of fall baking filled my kitchen in the middle of February.
Because chocolate is always a necessity up in this house.
My roomie Bailey and I took our turn at hosting the weekly get together. And decided to switch it up a bit with biscuits and gravy.
Ohhhhh buddy. If you need a meal to stick to your bones (a good thing when poppin’ bottles on a Saturday afternoon after a 7-mile training run), this would be the way to go. It keeps your hand steady when playing Tumbling Tower.
You know the game Tumbling Tower, right?
It’s Target’s $8 cheaper version of Jenga. I think the real version is maybe 2 rows of blocks more. But that’s ok because it turns out 6 kids sippin’ cocktails really don’t need the 2 extra rows. Perfect!
7. And finally, I’m thankful for the endless food options that are only a brisk walk away.
Because sometimes you just want a sandwich with bacon in it. And surely the walk there cancels it out.
So there you have it. 7 new things to be happy about over another lovely weekend. BAM.
Filed under: Random Rants | Tagged: biscuits and gravy, champagne brunch, pumpkin spice donuts with chocolate glaze, thank goodness for the weekend, Weekend | 27 Comments »