1. My mom and 3 of my aunts are having a girls road trip up to Chicago to visit their respective daughters, some of which are also traveling into the city as a meeting point. If you live in Chicago and feel the weird shift in crazy, no worries- it’s just us.
2. My cousin requested Italian the night before our Sunday race (5k for me, half marathon for her). I love going to a nice Italian spot and enjoying a fabulous glass of wine. But funny thing- one of my favorite types of wine is sauvignon blanc. However, I rarely order it in a restaurant because “sauvignon” is a word I simply cannot seem to say. Chardonnay it is…
3. Has anyone watched “Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America” on the Travel Channel? I’m hooked. And I now need to go to The Fifty/50 to try their showcased sandwich. It involves wafflized mac and cheese. On the sandwich.
I’ve been to this bar before. Their vodka is exceptional. But now, I’m all about THE SANDWICH.
4. There’s a little feeling of regret in how I named the blog post today. My friend Mon often refers to her lady parts as her “lady bits” and it really grosses me out. Right up there with the word “moist”. Shudders all around.
5. The new job (started this week) is going great! I very very much miss my old coworkers. However, people in my new office are nice and I’m already on a project! It’s intimidating and scary. But in a good way.
6. My roommate is completely to blame for me getting sucked into this season of Teen Mom on MTV. No idea how she did it. But I feel as if I’m digressing as a person.
7. After a few days of my new life as a public transit commuter, it seems I’ve added a little more than a mile of walking to my daily routine. This makes me oh so happy. The commute isn’t as comparably shorter as originally thought, but I’m not sad because I spend that much time getting to be active. Because for reals, guys- who couldn’t use a little more movement in their day?
8. Time to walk out the door and get to work. Because there are important things to do before an office-wide hacky sack and coffee break. Yep. You read that right. This is my life now.
Happy Friday, kiddos!