It was over 5 months ago since we said good-bye.
I’ve often thought about you. About how wonderful our time together was. About how much I missed you.
It was special- me and you. Doing our thing. Keeping each other happy. Keeping each other healthy. Through the best of times. Through the worst of times. You were always there for me. Encouraging me to be the best person I could possibly be. Thank you.
You always knew what I needed and how I needed it. Knew how to get me all in a tizzy. How to make me smile. How to make me fall in a heap of exhaustion every day…
Then, because of circumstances out of my control, we had to part.
At first, I thought about you every day. How I missed you. How I wanted you back.
But slowly, I forgot about you. About how strongly I once felt. Until you completely faded into the background.
Just as circumstances changed the first time, they did once again. And all of a sudden you crept back onto my radar.
Funny how those feelings come back so strongly and so quickly after all this time.
When we reunited, it was like you never left me. I realized once again how much I needed you and all that you do for me.
But a few things need to be cleared up before we start this relationship over. A few ground rules…
1. Just because I’m a morning person, that does not mean you’re allowed to wake me up before 5:00 in the morning. Don’t go filling your head with ideas because I know how energetic you can be. I like my sleep. Don’t bug me before then.
2. I’m not always going to be beautiful when I wake up. My face isn’t going to be washed every day and my hair is gross. This I cannot do anything about. Take me as I am.
3. My eating habits are going to once again be completely rearranged because of you. After the sweat we work up? No skipping breakfast. Like… ever.
4. We need to learn to be considerate of my roommate. She can hear us when we’re the floor above her. So the activity will have to be taken elsewhere or we’ll have to wait until later in the day when it comes to some things
5. We need an open relationship. Due to my career, we won’t always have time for each other. I may stray and have a late night fling every once it a while. I may not call at all one day. But remember, this doesn’t mean I don’t care about you. Please don’t be mad.
So there you have it. Things are different now. But I believe in us. We can do this together.
And I’ve missed them. Getting to work early and leaving early all the time was nice, but sitting in traffic trying to hype myself up for the gym after a long day of work and commuting is a daunting task. So now that my hours are shifting around again? I can actually get an hour or so of exercise in at my gym with little to no crowds.
Oh morning workouts… I’m glad you’re back in my life.